Management of patient and staff radiation doses in fluoroscopy is of increasing concern to accrediting organizations, regulatory agencies, insurers, and hospital systems.
The incidence of lens opacities after several years of working in a cath lab can be up to 40-50% and unintended use of extreme doses to patients can cause life-changing injuries. Learning proper radiation reduction techniques is therefore critical for all interventional procedures.
Better patient care through simulation and education
To increase radiation safety awareness and learn how to reduce radiation in cath labs, Mentice has partnered with FluoroSafety to bring the highest rated training program on the safe use of fluoroscopy to its customers.
- Practice and apply radiation management concepts in a risk-free simulation environment
- Award winning courses with proven, published benefits for both patients & staff
- Work at your own pace from any computer, phone, or tablet with Internet access
- Up to 10.5 Category 1 CME credits
- Self-assessment CME (SA-CME) credit for Maintenance of Certification
- Created by M.D. and Ph.D. experts in the field
How can you attend the training?
Get in contact with our Radiation Safety group at firstname.lastname@example.org
To add a hands-on ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable) component to all of your Mentice training modules, find out about our Radiation Safety simulation software. The plug-in assumes some familiarity with interventional fluoroscopy and the basic principles of ionizing radiation. Read more on our Radiation Safety training software by clicking the below button: