PAE is a challenging novel procedure with a steep learning curve – requiring highly developed microcatheter and microwire skills and knowledge of the highly variant anatomy to avoid potentially adverse outcomes.
Training options are limited and based on presentations and live cases, offering no hands-on experience. With a sizeable proportion of men suffering from clinically significant BPH, hospitals and teaching facilities need to examine their training capabilities for this demanding procedure.
Mentice PAE software offers experienced interventional radiologists (IRs) the ability to train through hands-on simulated training. With fully guided cases providing hints, tips, and tricks from leading experts, IRs can complement their training through simulation – helping to build the confidence level needed to perform the procedure safely on actual patients.
Based on real patient anatomies, all training material has been derived from actual case data and histories and designed in collaboration with two of the world’s leading physicians in the field: Dr. Marc Sapoval and Dr. Shivank Bhatia.
Mentice’s PAE software is the world’s first simulation software and is already being used by hospitals, societies and medical device companies globally.
Offers hands-on training
Reduces the learning curve for experienced IRs
Fully guided cases with hints, tips and tricks
Learn about the wide angiographic variations of the internal iliac artery
World’s first PAE simulation software
Train to avoid non-target embolization and manage collateral vasculature
• Highly detailed anatomies derived from real patient cases
• Self-learning through fully guided cases
• Guide to identify the prostatic artery
• Angiographic anatomy labeling
• Enhanced learning through 3D anatomy representation and color coding
• Visual cues for optimal microcatheter positioning
• Ability to perform cone beam computed tomography
• Visualization of non-target embolization
• Visual guide for optimal coil position to avoid non-target embolization
• Ability to perform PErFecTED technique
• Detailed metric report for learning review
• Understand the peripheral vascular anatomies
• Select appropriate equipment such as introducers, wires and catheters
• Handle flush catheters for none-selective angiography
• Utilize the angiosuite equipment and C-arm in an optimal way
• Carefully manage radiation exposure
• Navigate tortuous anatomies, stenotic arteries and ostia
• Safely cannulate arteries to perform selective angiographies
• Understand techniques for crossing the aortic bifurcation
• Locate and identify lesions
• 6 cases are fully guided
• 6 assessment cases
Contact us to learn more or see a web demo of this product